Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Trips to Cape Cod - Part 1

Oh I is so very excited to share my vacation to Cape Cod wiff you.  In the morning we left and dropped Tyson off at the day spa (aka kennel) for his socialization vacation (which he did very well wiff).  I loves traveling but this trip would have been too much drive time for the little pup.

 When we hit Massachusetts we stopped at Sonic for lunch, yummers!
I gots to smell the city of Boston on the way.

And backseat drive for Momma in the tunnels. "It's safe to merge right, hooman"

It took us most the day to gets to the Cape so I was tired but very excited to get to our motel.

We went right to the beach! It was beautiful weather at 72 degrees in October, you couldn't beat that.

The beach had tons of these dead things, Horsehoe crabs the hoomans called them.  They were just plain creepy.

We gots some Pizza for dinner and watched the sunset, afterwards I snuggled in a the motel and went right to sleep.

The next morning (another gorgeous day) we headed out to the National Seashore.  
However, one slight problem...

The Tucker doesn't really like stairs, the Tucker hates wooden stairs, and wooden stairs with no back are just plain scary.  

Meet the stairs..... 


 But, I didn't come all that way to just look at the beach, I was going on it.  I was so excited I practically ran down them to get to the beach.

I met some friends on the beach, they were very nice but we couldn't play cause we had to stay on leash.

But the beach, 

it was Beautiful

 I noticed something in the distance...
I had to investigate.....

 OMG - Seals!  I had never seen seals before.  I never barked at them once I just watched them and they watched me.

We left our hands and footprints on this beach and headed out to the next beach.

 Beach two was just a lovely.
 And had way more seals!
 I had so much fun watching these guys, they were pretty close.
 Part 2 of my trip coming soon!


9 comments:

  1. What a great vacation! You know seals are dog mermaids right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Tucker, wowza your vacation sounds wonderful. We LOVE that you can stay in a motel with your mum and dad. Your photos are beautiful too mate! Thanks for sharing. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! That looks like so much fun! I've never seen seals before either....actually, I've never even been to the beach. I can't wait to read about the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! you conquered the stairs. So glad you got to see the seals. It's wonderful more and more hotels are pet friendly. We do agree with you that crab thingy is creepy. It's good you kept a cautious distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what did the seals say??

    Bart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've always wanted to go to Cape Cod!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you for facing your fears on those darned stairs! And WOW, seals?! I've never met any in person, but they sound like a lot of fun! How cool that you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Tucker, you were almost at my estate! Watch out for those seals, though, because they attract big old sharks, so maybe good to stay on leash. I can't believe you ran down those stairs! What a brave guy you are.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip. Those stairs scare my mom a lot too, especially if there is a lot of air under them. You were very brave. Mom loved the hooman paw prints with yours. Her and dad have one of those pictures of their princess, and it is her favorite. Always makes her eyes leak when she looks at it. I get to see some of those water creatures next month when I go on a vacay with mom and dad.
    THE COUNT!

    ReplyDelete