So it gave us an idea for a contest!
(according to Wikipidea) : A staycation (also spelled stay-cation, stacation, or staykation) is a neologism for a period of time in which an individual or family stays at home and relaxes at home or takes day trips from their home to area attractions.
So for the contest you and your hoomans need to go on an adventure together. I luvs me an adventure!
Here are the rules (I'll try to keep it simple)
* Deadline September 6, 2010 (the un-official end to Summer in the States)
* The staycation must be a fairly local day trip that hoomans and doggies do together.
* The location can be anything but it needs to be NEW to both the hooman and the doggie.
* You must take pictures and do a blog post to share your great adventure!
* Please email me (tuckergreatdaneATgmail.com) with a link to your adventure post
* 1 entry per household
* I'll pick the winner randomly from all the entries.
Doesn't that sound like fun? Some ideas could be a State / National Park, a Festival, or a Mountain Hike. The winner will receive a package full of Hooman and Doggie Maine Made Touristy Treats.
•Land Area: 33,215 square miles
•Length of Coastline: 3,500 miles
•Lakes and Ponds: 6,000
•Forest: 17 million acres
Hmmm, no wonder people come to visit!
Check out those that have entered the Contest so far:
Thank you to all the contestants that entered! Every pup was a winner cause they gots to go on an adventure with their hoomans in order to enter.
The official winner of the box load of Maine in Maine Doggie & Hooman treats is....
I'll contact you shortly Maggie Mae to get your snail mail.