Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh Canada

A couple of weekends ago, right after Mac left I went to Canada.  I'm not sure if that makes me a world traveler or not, hmm.  Anyway the peeps took me to Campobello Island Canada for the day.  It's famous because it is where President Roosevelt use to summer with his family.  http://www.nps.gov/roca/index.htm

The first step to get into Canada is to cross through Border Control.  Humans need their passports.  Us doggies need an official stamped paper of our rabies certificate.  Momma told be not look suspicious and I'd be fine....
"No sir I don't have any foodables that I am carrying into Canada"
Can you believe they lets me in and didn't even looks at my paperwork?
Roosevelt's estate has some fabulous trails, we went on a 2 mile hike as soon as we arrived.

They also have some beaches, lighthouses, and a big golf course.

Some beaches are not dog friendly at all.  They put up a sign for me that said no Tuckers!  The nerve....

Campobello Island also has these nice dirt carriage roads you can drive along and enjoy the scenery.  I loved sniffing all the new smells from the comfort of my bed.  It was a lot of fun.


And when I went back over the border crossing the US border guy handed me a doggie treat - those border crossing people sure are nice.

12 comments:

  1. Tucker, I think you has the Canada speak all wrong. I would has thought that sign meaned "NO DOGS ON LEASHES." The dog in that pikshure did bear a striking resemblance to you. So sounds like things has not changed there. When my mom woz a youngun in high school she went to Canada and they did not look at her rabies papers either going into Canada. But coming home back home, the USA border pawtrol peeples gibbed her a rilly hard time coz she woz borned in Germany even tho she be a US citizen. Mom woz skeered they would not let her go back home but they finally did. Whew. Or I would not be here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tucker!
    Wow, what a fun adventure! Sorry those folks didn't let you play on the beach. Pttthhhh to them. Anyway, it looks like a great place for walkies!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! You should have lets us know that you were coming to Canada! You could have comed to visit us... of course we lives WAY over on the other side but still it probably wouldn't have take very long to get here!

    Does Canada smell differents from the US??? We've always wondered...

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Vickie says you are very lucky cause she thinks Campabella Island is a wonderful place. Did you get to go to the cool lighthouse? I am jelouse, I have only heard about it....

    Looks like you had a wonderful day..

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Canada when I was 16. The border guard was so handsome, I wanted to stay there forever!!

    Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Tuckers is just wrong!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Darwin went to Canada she didnt get any treats! Lucky you! Even though they banned you from the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No TUCKERS??? Do you suppose that all other dawgs Are allowed?? NOT RIGHT NOT RIGHT.

    Glad you had a goooood time though.

    I love Canada TOO... that is where Ruby and Penny are from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tucker,
    Canada looks like a very nice place to go and visit, except fur dat beach, da nerve of dems not lettin' you go on it! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great adventure! And you are definitely an international traveller now. We may sometimes mistake Canada for the 51st state, but they never do. If you need a doggie passport to get in and out, it's international. Do you carry your water bottle in your backpack? Darwin in Seattle was wondering about whether she could carry her own water safely on her runs.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. Mama thinks Canadians like Danes. She took two Danes to Canada about 30 years ago, when she went to the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford in Ontario. Of course that was a different time, but they breezed over the border and back, no problem. And travelling with Danes in Canada, staying in motels, etc. was no problem at all.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't being able to lie on a comfy bed AND sniff all the great smells just a Great Danes dream come true!! ;)

    Looks like you had a great adventure even if the sign stated YOU weren't allowed on the beach!

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete