Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Friend

Hiya Everyone!  Sorry I've been absent from Blogville so much lately.  Dad's been working extra hours and Momma been spending that extra time watching me.  So, not much time to have the hoomans help me blog or visit my friends.  But, last week Dad had an evening off so we went to the beach!  I met a new friend there, meet Jaxs!
He tried to gives me a swimming lesson but I still won't go out that far.  Besides that water is salty and cold!  The ocean up here is only 50 degrees at best right now.
After playing wif Jaxs I got to sniff around the strange stuff as we continued our walk.
This is a sea urchin shell, pointy!
It was nice to have an evening wif both the hoomans and meeting Jaxs was great too!

I'm trying to catch up, but I may just have to mark all as read...... over 400 blog posts is really hard to read with all the practicing I've been doing for Honey's Dancing with the Doggie Stars.  I've completed a couple rehearsals that have a few mistakes, so hopefully I'll get my routine down a little more this week.  I've only got until the 15th to get it perfect.  The only hint I'll give you about my routine is that my music is Elvis.....
Oh and the best news - remember Navajo the foster that didn't work out with us?  Well, she's been adopted into her forever home!  It took awhile to find a home that matched her perfectly but now she has it.  We are very happy for her.

14 comments:

  1. oh we understand about busy parents

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it, Tucker. Nice to meet your friend Jaxs. We can't wait to see your dance - bet you make a great hound dog:)

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tucker!! I'm so excited to hear that you're still taking part in my dancing contest!!! :-) I wasn't sure as I hadn't heard you mention it - but this would be AWESOME!! The other Danes taking part will be so pleased! Hey - when you've got a minute, would you mind emailing me a photo of you with your human? Coz all the official entrants have sent me one and now that I know you're still in it, I'd love to have one of you too - please?

    Thanks!
    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane
    ps. loved your video with Jax - I'm just like you - I'll follow the other doggie out a bit and then stop as soon as the water covers my feet - hee! Hee! Oh! And when I shake myself, I sound JUST like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tuckr! Nice to see you! Great news about Navi - she's a beauty. And we're really looking forward to seeing your routine for Honey's contest, you Hound Dog!!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those labradogs don't have any nerve endings, you know. They will swim in freezing water. I am glad your are more sensible.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tucker Buddy it is soooooo grrrreat to see you. I like your furend Jax. I wouldn't go in freezing YUCKY water either.

    I want to be sure you know about the big Furst Annual Blogville Picnic in the Bark set fur June 17 & 18th.. You can bring your furend too.
    One of the fun activites is a BUG House that will have all sorts of weird creepy stuffs.. and your Sea Urchin would be PERFECT fur that. Please go to some of my posts from last week fur ALL the DeTAILS.. and where to send the pic. if you want. I hope to see you there buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewwww, salty waters. I dranked some once and it woz BLECH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for introducing us to your new friend. Playmates are fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothin like spendin time with your humans and your new friend looks cool. Loves water so he's alright with me.

    See ya later
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's about as far as Darwin will go in!
    And even though she's barely wet, she'll shake off like you too!

    I can't wait to see your routine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tucker!
    Wow, looks like you had a great time with your furiend Jaxs. I bet if you went swimmie right on out there, you'd love it!! It really is fun after the first time. GO FOR IT BUDDY! Stretch those long legs and swimmie! Great beach pix...cool stuff to sniff.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jaxs... you are really adorable... seems you really enjoyed the beach and good luck on the dancing competition...

    ReplyDelete
  14. O we know the feeling, cold salty water is not fun! We are so confused by all these dogs running around happily in it!

    Looks like you had a great time though :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete